Android Video Player
Watch video and audio files on your Android device
- Category Video
- Program license Free
- Version 7.4
- Size 12 MB
- Works under: Android
- Program available in English
- Content rating Everyone
- Package name com.zgz.supervideo
Room 3208, HOS, Tsz Oi Court, Tsz Wan Shan
If you were to perform an app search for a video player for your Android, you would likely find hundreds and hundreds of results, and a lot of them may actually be quite good, but you'd be hard-pressed to find one as good as the aptly named Android Video Player available for your mobile OS.
An Inside Look at the Android Video Player
So, with a name like Android Video Player, this app probably doesn't even need a review, right? After all, its name pretty much tells you exactly what you can expect. It's a video player for Android. However, there's really a lot more to this innovative app than what you may infer from the name itself. For starters, there probably isn't a file on the market today that this player can't play. AVI, 3GP, MP4, MKV, TS, and all sorts of file formats work with this app. But the best and most innovative feature of this app is that you can search for your media files directly from the app. Rather than having to go into your individual folders on your device, simply use the app to browse every available video file and it will find them for you.
Other strong points of this app include the fact that it's designed very elegantly and looks very streamlined and modern. Especially when it's actually playing media, all you're going to see is the video itself and not a bulky player framed around the content. This is something that's very important for a smaller screen size.
Pros and Cons of the Android Video Player
- Plays every type of current extension/format
- Very sleek and elegant design
- Actually very lightweight for a media player
- Great to replace your OS's player
- Only available on Android 4.2 and up
- Future extensions to come may not be compatible
1) Fix the bugs for Android 6.0+
2) Fix the bugs for playing mp3 music
3) Add fast forward/backward feature while sliding left-right on the screen
4) New features:
a) Video Encryption: Add Video Safe for private playing
b) Video Playing List: Much easier to watch videos one by one
c) Video Stream: support http, rtsp, mms protocol
d) Video Search: Deeper search on mobile phone
The name of the subtitle should be the same as that of the video;
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.